HKGCSE was established in 2009 as one of the important platforms of social enterprises. The number of our members accounts for 45% of social enterprises in Hong Kong*.
HKGCSE actively promotes and supports the development of social enterprises, serves as a bridge between social enterprises and the government, business partners, academia and NGOs. Apart from the implementation of SEE Mark, HKGCSE advocates social enterprise related issues in response to the government policies. We also organized workshops to enhance the efficiency of social enterprises, collaborated with different organizations to promote social enterprises. The activities held over the years: Social Enterprise World Forum 2016, “Real Dialogue in Social Enterprise” symposium, Hong Kong Social Enterprise Employee Recognition Scheme, Overseas Exchange Tour, etc.
To be an influential platform that unites and facilitates social enterprises in Hong Kong for better enhancement of an inclusive society.
To fulfill the above Vision, HKGCSE strives to activate a favorable business environment for the growth of local social enterprises. It sets out the Mission as follows:
– Generates positive impact to the society
– Creates opportunity for collaboration
– Supports and advocates the development of social enterprises
– Educates social enterprises practitioners for better enhancement of efficiency
1. To promote social enterprise movement.
2. To be the voice of social enterprise.
3. To act as the bridge between social enterprises and other sectors including government, corporates, academia and NGOs.
4. To equip social enterprises with professional competencies.
5. To broaden the public’s understanding of social enterprises
*According to “SE Directory 2018” of HKCSS, there are 654 social enterprise projects in Hong Kong