“Sweet SE” Short Video Competition
To show gratitude to the teams of social enterprises and spread out positive energy from social enterprises to the public.
The encouragement from your working fellow(s) makes your day delighted and lifted-up even it’s just a cup of coffee or a pat on the back. Now you could produce a short video to express your appreciation and praise his/her/their kindness and generousness.
3) Participation Criteria
Only one submission is allowed in each SE project. Each entrant can submit on behalf of his/her SE project, himself/herself or a team.
Entrant can use any electronic devices to produce the short video lengthened in 3 minutes maximum WMV or MP4 file without excess of 100MB. Resolution should be 16:9 and 720p. Submission includes an introduction of the short video within 100 words attached from the application form.
5) Assessment Criteria
Judging panel will be the HKGCSE council members. The panel will review all the entries and select 5 pieces of videos for “Most Heart-warming Award” and 4 merit awards. These 5 pieces of videos also will be uploaded to HKGCSE’s Facebook and let public vote for “Voters’ Favourite Award” (only including “like” and “love” icons).
The assessment will be graded in terms of i) Content & relevance 40% ii) Inspirational & engagement 40% iii) Creativity & presentation 20%
6) Prizes and Categories
Most Heart-warming award (1 winner):
Complimentary accommodation voucher for one night Deluxe Room at “Y Hospitality Garden View” worth HK$1000
Voter’s Favourite Award (1 winner) (Received the most “Like” and “Heart” at Facebook):
HK$500 cash voucher at “Cheers CO-OP”
Merit Award (4 winners):
HK$200 cash voucher at “iBakery”
All winners will be invited to join for prize presentation at the Hong Kong Social Enterprise Outstanding Employee Recognition Scheme 2017 and their short videos will be presented.
7) Entry Submission
Entrant should upload the short video to online server (Google Drive, Dropbox or Microsoft OneDrive available only) together with the application form and email to [email protected]. Or burn the short video to an empty DVD and mail together with application form to “Sweet SE Short Video Competition”, Rm1205, 12/F, Houtex Industrial Building, 16 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
8) Important Dates
Enrollment Start: 16 Aug 2017
Due Date: 26 Sep 2017 23:59
Facebook Voting Period: 3 Oct to 9 Oct 2017
Ceremony: 24 Oct 2017
9) Terms and Condition
- Each entrant should only submit one video and the same video cannot be submitted more than once.
- Once an entry is submitted, it cannot be modified or replaced and will not be returned to the entrant.
- An entry should not contain any material that is obscene, violent, pornographic, defamatory, indecent, disparaging or content that is controversial and inappropriate. An entry must be the original work of the entrant and does not infringe upon the rights (including intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or confidentiality) of any other parties. If material like music, image, video or movie clips owned by a third party is used in an entry, the entrant must acquire written consent from the copyright owner. The Organizer reserves the right to request written proof of these permissions from any entrant if necessary.
- An entrant must agree and undertake, in the event that his entry is selected as one of the winning entries, to assign to the organizer the right of ownership and all the Intellectual Property Rights subsisting in the entry.
- The Organizer has the right to reject entries that are inappropriate, irrelevant to the theme of the Competition or in the wrong format.
- Entries must not promote a commercial enterprise or a political cause.
- Entrant shall understand and agree to grant and assign exclusively to the Organizer all the intellectual property rights of the winning videos. The Organizer has the right to display the video content, title, synopsis and entrants' information in any form of media for demonstration, publication, exhibition or promotion. The Organizer also has the authority to edit, translate, adapt, use, copy and distribute, in whole or in part of the entries without any need for prior consent of or payment of fees to the entrants.
- The finalist entries, together with entrants' names, title and synopsis of the video, will be posted for public viewing and voting at the Competition Facebook.
- The decisions of the judging panel on the Competition results shall be final. In case of dispute, the Organizer’s decision is final.
- All winners are required to provide his/her Hong Kong Identity Card, student ID card (for Junior Secondary Category and Senior Secondary Category only) or any other valid documents for verification purposes.
- By submitting an entry in the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or retract any award from an entrant who it believes has breached any of these terms and conditions. No appeals will be entertained.
- Entrants are to abide by the Organizer’s decision on all matters relating to the Competition, which shall be final. This includes the right to interpret, amend, cancel or suspend the terms and conditions, prizes and other arrangements of the competition without prior notice.
Hong Kong General Chamber of Social Enterprises Ltd
Address: Rm1205, 12/F, Houtex Industrial Building, 16 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
Telephone: (852) 3616 6951
Fax: (852) 3565 4753
Email: [email protected]
Press here for the application form
“Hong Kong Social Enterprise Outstanding Employee Recognition Scheme 2017” is now nominating, press here for details.